This book is recommended for advanced level biology students in Sri Lanka.
This is a Pearson Global Edition. The Pearson Editorial team worked closely with educators around the world to include content especially relevant to students outside of the United States. The Tenth Edition of the best-selling text Campbell BIOLOGY helps launch students to success in biology through its clear and engaging narrative, superior pedagogy, and innovative use of art and photos to promote student learning.
The Tenth Edition helps students develop a deeper understanding of biology by making connections visually across chapters and building the scientific skills needed for success in upper-level courses.
- New Make Connections Figures pull together content from different chapters visually, helping students see “big picture” relationships.
- New Scientific Skills Exercises in every chapter use real data to build key skills needed for biology, including data analysis, graphing, experimental design, and math skills.
- New examples show students how our ability to sequence DNA and proteins rapidly and inexpensively is transforming every subfield of biology.
Mastering brings learning full circle and is the most effective and widely used online homework, tutorial, and assessment system for the sciences. Over three million science students are currently using Mastering for the following features:
- Before class, reading quizzes, pre-lecture quizzes, and formative assessments test students’ knowledge of the material and ensure they come to class prepared.
- During class, Learning Catalytics and existing Mastering media like simulations, Flix, Videos, etc, keep your students engaged and bring tough topics to life.
- After class, “traditional” homework, quizzes, and testing automatically assess your students’ comprehension of the material and provide opportunities for remediation.